Explaining network security, data governance and risk/regulatory responsibilities is a tough gig. Business leaders understand the criticality and importance of protecting critical assets, but evaluating how effective the provisions are becomes incredibly technical and lets face it, most folk glaze over at this point.
To help with this challenge, we use a house metaphor to explain the problems businesses face and how ditno alleviates these - simply and effectively.
• The perimeter is like the external facing attack surface of your network.
• Each external window and door is an entry point into your network.
• Each room is an application that your business is using every day.
• This means they cannot definitively articulate how many rooms that they actually have.
• They know they have rooms but aren't able to show where they are, or how they are accessed.
• Or how they are linked or access from each other.
• Securing the doors and windows is where almost all security is focused.
• However, once the burglar is in, they can freely roam from room to room.
• If you cannot map your rooms onto a floorplan then you cannot be managing access effectively.
• The ditno Health Check delivers you a comprehensive list of rooms (applications).
• It builds a floor plan of all entry points and for each room (application)
• Builds room level security, requiring attackers to have to break into each room.
• Real-time reporting, which delivers the most comprehensive ongoing governance model possible.
ditno have spent years refining an approach to give businesses the power to manage all of these inherent challenges as simply and effectively as possible and we have cracked it – with many satisfied clients leveraging our capability and being put in control of their security exposure. We always start our engagement by delivering a network Health Check, which delivers the following:
The Health Check provides a snapshot of your risk exposure and where critical and non-critical assets are potentially not being managed appropriately. This is the baseline required to provide assurance of your current security position – both for your protection and compliance/risk management requirements. Secondly, we can then simply turn on the ditno live solution – which then tracks and monitors all of these elements in real time – allowing real time management of these exposures. This means when new additions or changes are made, ditno live will then prevent further risk exposures and keep comprehensive governance in tact.